Preventative maintenance is essential for maintaining your home’s furnace. That’s why we recommend scheduling a furnace tune-up prior to the colder months to ensure your home’s heating unit is properly functioning and ready to put out heat all winter.
But what is a furnace tune-up? Why do you need one? And what can you expect?
Why Schedule A Furnace Tune-Up?
Aside from doing preventative maintenance on your home’s furnace, scheduling a tune-up could be essential in maintaining your furnace’s warranty. Many furnace manufacturers call for annual equipment maintenance to stay valid. This means not only will regular furnace maintenance save you money from keeping it functional, but it will also protect you in the case of a catastrophic failure of the system.
Plus, nobody wants to be left out in the cold! Many major heating issues come from preventable issues that can be checked on during routine furnace maintenance.
About Our Furnace Tune-Up
What can you expect during a furnace tune-up? At BGE HOME, we provide a comprehensive 21-point inspection of the unit. Our furnace tune-up checklist includes:
- Inspection of the motors, electrical components, and connections
- Cleaning the blower compartment
- Adjusting burners for maximum efficiency
- Inspecting coils to ensure they’re ready to run all winter
- Cleaning & replacing air filters
- Checking air flow and duct connections to reduce draft
- Testing safety
- Inspecting and adjusting belts & pulleys
- And more!
Through this process, our experienced HVAC technicians will identify any major or minor issues to your home’s heating system, and help you begin the repair process.
Enrolling In A Home Service Plan
Of course, if something is wrong with your furnace, repair can be costly. Fortunately, BGE HOME offers a home service protection plan to help reduce these sudden costs.
BGE HOME’s home service plan—or home warranty—is a service contract that help homeowners cover the costs of equipment and appliance breakdowns, including your home’s furnace. Our plan offers ways to considerably reduce costs and provides a 10% discount for all products and services. Benefits of the home service plan include:
- Priority service scheduling
- 24-hour emergency service
- Unlimited service calls
- 100% of covered parts & labor for any service call
- Numerous discounts on replacements and repairs for all home repairs and services
- And more!