Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, initially non-irritating gas that may be produced by the incomplete combustion of an appliance burning fuels, such as natural gas, liquid propane (LP), coal, kerosene, wood or charcoal.
Symptoms of CO exposure often go undetected and range from a simple headache or confusion to nausea and impaired vision or even death. CO can be caused by improperly installed or maintained appliances, fuel-burning space heaters, fireplaces, vehicle exhaust, and more.
A carbon monoxide detector can help keep you and your family safe by providing a warning signal to protect against dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
How It Works: Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carrier's Carbon Monoxide Alarm uses sophisticated electronics and unmatched sensor technology to detect and record the levels of CO circulating in your indoor air. The Carbon Monoxide Alarm will protect you and your family from acute carbon monoxide poisoning by alerting you to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide inside your home.
You can monitor the current CO level in your home on a large, easy-to-read digital display. When dangerous levels of CO are present, a loud, audible alarm alerts you and your family, automatically.
- The Carbon Monoxide Alarm's peak level memory allows health care professionals to quickly assess the level of exposure in the event of an alarm.
- A rechargeable lithium ion battery ensures continued detection and warning even during a power outage.
- For peace of mind, you can check to see if your CO alarm is functioning properly with the simple push of a button.
- Carrier recommends checking the alarm weekly and having it professionally inspected on an annual basis.
Features & Benefits: Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The Carrier AC-powered, plug-in carbon monoxide alarm provides a warning signal to protect against dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. This alarm is easily installed in any AC wall outlet. The digital display feature allows for easy viewing of carbon monoxide levels from 30 PPM (parts per million) to 999 PPM. These units are IAS certified and include a 7-year limited warranty.
- Continuous CO Monitoring: The easy-to-read digital display allows you to monitor the level of Carbon Monoxide concentration in parts per million (30 - 900 PPM), refreshing every 15 seconds.
- Peak Level Tracking: Displays the peak recorded CO level since the device was last reset or unplugged.
- Uninterrupted Protection: A rechargeable lithium ion battery provides continuous protection, even during power outages.
- Built-In Safety Checks: The test/reset button checks the device for proper operation and resets the device during an alarm.
- Installation Flexibility: The CO Detector can be wall-mounted, placed on a table top, or plugged directly into a wall outlet with the removable AC plug adapter.
- 7-Year Limited Warranty
A carbon monoxide alarm placed on each level of the house and in every bedroom will provide maximum protection and peace of mind. Weekly alarm checks and an annual professional inspection are recommended.
and Recommended Locations for your Detector