When the air conditioner isn’t blowing cool air, the freezer has defrosted, the washing machine isn’t turning on, or other household appliances stop working, how do you know when it is time to call a repair service technician? The following tips can help you make a sound decision.
- Troubleshoot the Problem. Home appliances may stop working for a variety of reasons, and often the solution can be very simple. First, consult the owner’s manual for the troubleshooting section. If you don’t have the owner’s manual, check the manufacturer’s website or try a website like consumerreports.comfor a list of manufacturer’s contact information.
- Follow the Recommendations. If the appliance issue matches the troubleshooting guide, and you are comfortable with the task, follow the recommendations provided. Newer home equipment and appliances will often provide error codes to simplify the process.
- Call a Service Professional. If the recommendation did not correct the issue, or if the task is beyond your comfort level, call a service professional to repair the appliance. A new home appliance may cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, so the cost of a service call for a proper diagnosis and accurate estimate may make economic sense.
For specific DIY tips, select the appropriate home equipment:
- Heating & Cooling: preventive maintenance tips for the largest energy user in your home
- Plumbing: find out if there’s an easy fix to your plumbing problem
- Water Heaters: extend the life of your water heater
- Electrical & Generators: Safety always comes first with electrical devices
- Home Improvement: Maintain the beauty and efficiency of your home improvement
- Kitchen & Laundry Appliances: Energy-focused changes to reduce energy usage in the kitchen and laundry room
Contact BGE HOME for your next service call or repair and enjoy the BGE HOME Service Advantage:
- 24 hour, 7 Day Emergency Service Available
- Fast, Reliable Repairs
- Hundreds of Professional, Certified Technicians, Electricians and Plumbers
- Service on All Major Brands, Regardless of Place of Purchase
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee