Heating & Cooling: DIY Troubleshooting Tips
At BGE HOME in Maryland, we know how frustrating it can be when a major appliance breaks down at an inconvenient time. That’s why we offer friendly, fast, and convenient heating and cooling repair and installation services throughout the Baltimore, Rockville, and Frederick areas. We understand the unique challenges that come with boilers, air conditioning units, furnaces and heat pumps, and we can help remedy any issues you may be experiencing. Our heating and cooling professionals have years of experience under their belts, which is why many homeowners turn to us for their home heating and air conditioning services. After all, when the air conditioner is blowing out warm air or the furnace isn’t turning on, how do you know when it is time to call a repair service technician?
Here are some simple steps to help you identify common HVAC problems and determine the best fix.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Recommendations. If the problem you’re experiencing matches one in the HVAC product’s troubleshooting guide, and you are comfortable with the task, follow the recommendations provided.
- Troubleshoot the Problem. Your furnace or air conditioner may stop working for a variety of reasons, and often the solution can be very simple. First, consult the troubleshooting section of the owner’s manual. If you don’t have the owner’s manual, check the manufacturer’s website or try a website like www.consumerreports.com for a list of manufacturer’s contact information.
- Call a Service Professional. If the problem persists or the task is beyond your comfort level, contact an HVAC professional to make the heating or air conditioning repair. A new HVAC system may cost thousands of dollars, so spending around $100 on a service call for a proper diagnosis and accurate estimate can help save you money in the long term.
For technical issues or for more information, contact a professional heating and air conditioning repair company, like BGE HOME. We can identify HVAC problems and get your system up and running again quickly.
Common Problems with Residential HVAC Systems
Our Maryland HVAC technicians have seen all types of heating and cooling issues over the years and we’re confident we can handle any problem you may be facing. When your furnace or air conditioner stops working, you want it fixed in a hurry, and we are the local HVAC experts to call. There are many components that can go awry in your system. We’ve listed the most common causes of breakdowns below.
Common Heating System Problems
If you’re furnace or boiler is making strange noises or there’s no heat coming from your system, you should call your local heating professional right away. Most heating repairs are not a DIY project, especially if you don’t have the correct repair tools and knowledge to get the job done. Some common reasons your heating unit may be acting up include:
- Water leaks
- Thermostat problems
- Clogged air filters
- Electrical outages
- Rusted boilers
- Duct blockages
Common Cooling System Problems
Has your air conditioner stopped working like it used to? Does it take forever to cool your home to a comfortable temperature? At BGE HOME, we understand how frustrating it can be when your AC stops working unexpectedly. There are many reasons why your AC system may not be functioning properly, including:
- A dirty or broken compressor
- Duct leaks
- Clogged air filters
- Problems with the gas line
- Faulty fans
- Frozen evaporator coils
For residential HVAC repair services or for more information, contact a professional heating and air conditioning repair company, like BGE HOME. We can identify HVAC problems and get your system up and running again quickly.