Whole House Air Cleaners for Your Heating & Air Conditioning System
The air you breathe is loaded with pollutants like pollen, dust, pet hair and dander, dust mites, tobacco smoke, and other irritants. Today’s weather-tight homes trap more of these contaminants inside your house. The result is indoor air that can be up to five times more polluted than the air outdoors, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency.
An electronic whole house air cleaner can remove up to 99% of these airborne impurities. That is up to 20 times more than a standard furnace filter captures. It can improve the quality of air circulating through your heating and air conditioning system by providing relief from allergies and irritants in the air.
BGE HOME offers the finest brand names in electronic air cleaners. When selecting an air cleaner for your home, choose one that uses a HEPA filter system. HEPA filters remove even extremely small particles from the air you breathe.
Benefits of Air Cleaners
The air inside your home can be dirtier than the air outside. Air cleaners remove impurities and irritants from the air and provide the following benefits:
- Protect the life and efficiency of your heating and cooling system by reducing dirt and dust that contribute to expensive maintenance and premature failure.
- Allow your heating and cooling system to meet your needs quicker, using less energy by reducing dust and dirt that can build up over time.
- Reduce the levels of indoor irritants including bacteria, dust, pet dander and virus-sized particles.
- Keep your home and its contents cleaner and get relief from the constant need to dust.
- Allergy sufferers can get relief from dirty air that contains seasonal allergens such as pollen, mold and hayfever.
- Today’s air cleaners are low maintenance – just wash the cells in your dishwasher as needed.
Efficiency & Savings: Air Cleaners
The buildup of dirt, dust, pet dander and other airborne particles in your heating and air conditioning system can reduce its efficiency by as much as 25%. These airborne substances can slow your system down, making it work harder and use more energy to achieve your desired temperature. By removing these substances from the air, your system can maintain efficiency and operate using less energy. An increase in energy efficiency can often result in lower operating costs.
Air cleaners help remove particles from the air that your furnace filter can miss. A 1-inch furnace filter is designed to remove large particles from the air, but allows dirt and dust to build up on furnace and air conditioner coils. Over time, the accumulation of these particles can slow down your heating and cooling system, making it work harder and use more energy. This can lead to premature aging of your system, expensive maintenance, and higher energy bills.