We’re excited to announce our relationship with Sunrun!
Interested in getting solar panels for your home? It’s never been easier to go solar with BGE HOME and Sunrun. Let us show you how installing solar panels can help you increase energy independence. Make the switch to solar energy and take advantage of Sunrun’s flexible financing options, and potential federal, state and local tax incentives.
Solar panels provide a clean, efficient source of energy. By installing solar panels, you’ll decrease the amount of energy you purchase from the grid. Plus, when your solar panels produce more electricity than your home uses, you may get a credit from your utility if you live in a state with net metering type laws.
The cost of going solar has greatly decreased in recent years, making now a great time to switch. Plus, through our relationship with Sunrun, your new system will be installed by a team of industry-leading solar professionals. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of solar panels.
Going Solar is Easier than You Think
- Talk to a solar expert – Just a few questions from an experienced Solar Consultant will begin your journey of going solar!
- Design approval & installation – Sunrun takes care of submitting your solar design to the city or county for review and approval. Once all permits are provided, the system will be installed.
- Final inspection – A final inspection will take place by the local authorities.
- Connecting to the grid – The local utility will then install a net meter, which serves as the connection between the Sunrun solar panel system to the grid.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
- Solar panels are made of photovoltaic cells that capture sunlight and turn it into direct current electricity (DC electricity). This happens whenever sun rays are hitting your solar panels, rain or shine.
- The inverter converts the DC electricity into alternating current electricity, or AC electricity, to be used by your home. The electricity can now provide power to your home.
- The Sunrun system includes a meter that monitors the amount of electricity produced by the solar panels and notifies Sunrun if there is a problem.
- Your home will be equipped with an electric service panel, which aids in the flow of electricity from the solar panels to your home – powering necessities such as lights and appliances.
- Depending on the option you choose, you may purchase the system up-front, or have Sunrun retain ownership of the system while you purchase the output on a per kWh basis through a power purchase agreement.
- Energy produced by the solar panels that isn’t consumed by your home is sent back to the electricity grid. When you use less electricity than the solar panel system produces, you receive credit from your local utility.
View Sunrun’s licensing information here.
By Requesting an Estimate from Sunrun, I authorize Sunrun to call me and send pre-recorded messages and text messages to me about Sunrun products and services at the telephone number I entered above, using an autodialer, even if I am on a national or state “Do Not Call” list. Message and data rates may apply. I understand that consent here is not a condition of purchase.