Contact BGE HOME when you need a gas water heater installation or replacement. Our professionals work with you to find the right water heater for your home. Request a free estimate online.
Gas Water Heater Installation from BGE HOME
You can trust BGE HOME and relax knowing that all aspects of the installation will be taken care of – the right way. Have total confidence knowing that all work will be completed by licensed BGE HOME professionals, not subcontractors.
- Up-front pricing, over the phone
- 0% financing available*
- Same-day installation available – we will be there when you need us
- Fast, courteous installation
- Free removal & disposal of your old water heater
- Full parts & labor warranty
Gas storage tank water heaters range in size from 30 to 75 gallons, depending on your needs. When you turn on a hot water faucet or use hot water in a washer or dishwasher, water pipes draw hot water from your tank. The heated water is drawn from the top of the tank and is replaced by cold water that is carried to the bottom by a tube. A gas water heater installation can only be completed in a home that already uses gas. Hot water heater tanks traditionally come with a 6 to 12 year leakage warranty, depending on the size, make and model of the unit selected. This leakage warranty protects the homeowner against certain water heater malfunctions during the warranty period.
As of July 1, 2003, the following trio of Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant (FVIR) technologies is included in every gas water heater installation, regardless of manufacturer. The FVIR technology is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard, which requires water heaters to be constructed in order to prevent ignition of flammable vapors outside the combustion chamber.
- One-way intake system to control the movement of makeup air into the combustion chamber.
- Flame arrestor plate, the single biggest component change in the FVIR designs.
- Sealed burner access door and burner assembly, to create a sealed junction with the combustion chamber, preventing combustion air and flammable vapors from entering the chamber through the front of the water heater.
The BGE HOME Advantage
*0% financing is available with credit approval