If your Baltimore home is older or the electrical system is outdated, it may be time for an electrical panel upgrade. Many older homes were built with only 50 to 60 amps of electrical service and few circuits. Modern electronic equipment can quickly overload an older system and cause problems for your home. An electrical panel upgrade will allow you to use appliances safely and will protect expensive electronic equipment, such as flat screen TVs, laptop computers and kitchen gadgets. The experts at BGE HOME can determine the right size panel for your home and budget and handle all aspects of that installation.
Your electrical panel distributes electricity into your home from the utility’s power lines. By upgrading your electrical panel, the new panel will be able to bring more power into you home without overloading the system. Current electrical panels provide 200 amps or more of power. If your panel is more than 25 years old, or if you are planning a kitchen remodel or adding an addition to your home, consider an electrical panel upgrade to ensure your electrical system is able to keep up with future electrical demands. An undersized panel may pose a safety risk, as an overloaded system can result in a fire.
There are several signs that your current electrical service is unable to handle your electrical demands. Some of the common signs are:
- Fuses frequently blow when too many appliances are in use, such as vacuum cleaners, space heaters or hair dryers
- Lights dim when an appliance is turned on
- Many extension cords are needed to accommodate the number of appliances used
- Cackling sounds coming from your electrical panel
- Corrosion or rust on the circuit breakers
- The inside of the panel is warm
- If you have outlets near water sources that are not GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupter). GFCIs prevent electrocution by stopping the flow of electricity if the appliance they are powering comes into contact with water
- Your panel gives off a burning smell.
Our certified Baltimore electricians are professionally trained to ensure a quality electrical repair or installation. We have rigorous electrical guidelines that are the foundation for safe and efficient service. Our professional electricians are certified in performing electrical panel upgrades, sometimes also called heavy-ups. We obtain all required permits, safely install your new panel, clean the work area and answer any questions you may have. Plus, our team will assist in scheduling the inspection with a local county or city inspector and the tie-in with the local utility. Backed by a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, BGE HOME does it all for you.
Contact our team today for an electrical panel upgrade in Baltimore, Frederick, Rockville, Columbia, Bel Air, Annapolis and throughout central Maryland.