Use of Site
This Site is intended primarily for the purpose of providing general information about us and our services, and is for your personal and non-commercial use. The Site has been compiled and is maintained by us, but we make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains. You should be aware that some information may be incomplete, may contain errors or may be outdated. We reserve the right to add, modify or delete any information contained in this Site without notice to you.
You may use this Site for lawful purposes only. You are prohibited from using this Site, or transmitting to or through this Site, any unlawful, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harassing, pornographic, hateful (ethnically or racially) or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that would contribute to a civil or criminal offense, infringe on any intellectual property right or otherwise violate any law. Viewing and downloading materials in the Site is permitted only for your personal and non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies you make of the materials. You may not modify the materials on the Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose. Any use of these materials on any other Site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
Copyrights and Trademarks
A. Site Content. The Site, design of the Site, and all content in the Site are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. The Site is owned by Exelon and except for Your Content (as defined in Section B below) or as specifically stated or otherwise indicated, all Site Content including, but not limited to, trademarks, logos, trade names, text, data, messages, pictures, images, video, audio, graphics, data compilations, icons, code, links on the Site is the property of Exelon or its subsidiaries and protected by intellectual property laws.
B. Your Content. Exelon does not own any Content submitted by you (“Your Content”). You retain all of your ownership rights in Your Content. By submitting Your Content to the Site you grant Exelon a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform Your Content.
C. Third Party Content. Content owned by third parties also appears on the Site, and you should respect those property rights as well. Content owned by third parties available on the Site is used by Exelon pursuant to a license from a third party.
D. Use of Copyrights and Trademarks Prohibited. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, a license or right to use any mark displayed on this Site, without the prior written permission of the owner of the mark. The copyright in the Site content, is owned by Exelon Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliated companies, unless otherwise noted. Exelon Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates do not warrant or represent that use of this Site will not infringe rights of third parties. See the User Conduct paragraph for your obligations.
Copyright Infringement Notification
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and specifically 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3), you may submit written notification of copyright infringement to Exelon’s Copyright Agent. Such notification must include at least the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized
to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted work at a single inline site are covered by a single notification, a representative of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provide to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Exelon’s designated Copyright Agent is Kevin Stepanuk, Exelon Business Services Company, LLC, S23-1, 2301 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Kevin.Stepanuk@exeloncorp.com. Fax number: 215-841-4474.
You may link to the Site provided you comply with the following:
1. You must link to the home page only. Links to other pages on the Site are prohibited.
2. Links must only be text-based. You may not use inline links, anchor links, deep links, or any of our logos or other marks as links.
3. Framing is not permitted under any circumstance. You may not create frames around our Site or use any other technique that alters in any way the visual presentation or appearance of the Site.
4. In linking to the Site, you may not misrepresent your relationship with us. No links to the Site may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that we approve or endorse you, your Site or your goods and services, except as we may have agreed to separately with you in writing.
5. Exelon has no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on the web site from which you link to the Site. You agree to indemnify us, defend us at your sole cost, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of or based on such web site including your links.
6. No link(s) may appear on any page on your web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, criminal, pornographic, or which infringes or otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
7. We may at any time, in our sole discretion, without cause, terminate your right to link to any pages on our Site. In such event upon request, you agree to immediately remove all links to our Site and to cease using any of our marks.
8. We reserve the right to change this linking policy at any time, so it is your responsibility to periodically review this page for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact: Kevin Stepanuk, Exelon Business Services Company, LLC, S23-1, 2301 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Kevin.Stepanuk@exeloncorp.com. Fax number: 215-841-4474.
Third Party Websites
We make no representations whatsoever about any other third party web site which you may access through hypertext links in this web site. When you access any such third party web site, you acknowledge and agree that it is independent from us, and that we have no control over the content of any such web site. In addition, a link to such third party web site does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature. Additionally, such web sites may have cookies and collect personally identifiable data. We encourage you to read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies for such third party web sites.
This Site and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Site are made available on an “AS IS” or “AS AVAILABLE” basis. We do not warrant the information made available through or on the Site, that the Site will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, of that defects in the Site, if any exists from time-to-time, will be corrected. We will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation and transmission of the Site, any services or related content, for communication line failures, or for computer viruses associated with the operation of the Site.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EXELON CORPORATION OR ITS SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF USE OF THE SITE, LOSS OF USE OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF USE OF DATA, PROGRAMS OR EQUIPMENT) ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESSING, BROWSING OR USING, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS, BROWSE OR USE, THIS SITE OR SITE CONTENT AND ANY RELATED SERVICES, MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS.
YOU ARE ADVISED THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT OR OTHERWISE RESTRICT OR LIMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION ON CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THAT THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.