Heat Pump Water Heater
The heat pump water heater is considered one of the most energy-efficient water heater available, with over twice the efficiency of similar products in its class. Exceptional energy efficiency, performance, reliability, and easy installation make this one of the best water heating solutions offered. If you're thinking about replacing your current water heater, a heat pump water heater may be a viable energy-efficient option for you, depending on your home and hot water needs. Learn more about the benefits of installing a heat pump water heater by reading the information below.
How It Works
A heat pump water heater works by extracting the heat from warm air, intensifying the heat with a compressor, delivering the heat to the water, and then exhausting the cooler air. Because it uses the warm ambient air temperature to do most of the work, it is a very efficient way to heat water. In "Energy Saver" mode, this water heater’s high efficiency heat pump operates automatically for hot water storage in this sequence:
- A fan pulls air through the top air filter.
- Heat in the air is absorbed by eco-friendly refrigerant inside the evaporator coil and cool (dehumidified) air is exhausted.
- Refrigerant is pumped through a compressor, which increases the temperature.
- Simultaneously the cooler water from the bottom of the tank is pumped to the top of the appliance, where it circulates through a patented condenser coil.
- Hot refrigerant transfers its heat to the water inside the condenser coil.
- Heated water is returned back to the top of the tank.
All functions are controlled simultaneously by an advanced circuit board located behind the user touch pad.
- In "Normal" mode, the heat pump can run in tandem with an electric element during periods of high demand.
- In "Electric Heat Only" mode, the heat pump is disabled and the appliance operates like a standard electric water heater with two elements.
- Condensate drain connection.
- Backup electric heating elements.
Efficiency & Savings
The Rheem electric heat pump water heater has over twice the efficiency of a standard electric water heater. The use of heat pump technology creates exceptional energy-efficiency, which saves you energy and money compared to a standard electric water heater. If your annual energy cost for hot water is $520, you can save as much as $286 per year. The user-friendly touch pad allows homeowners to easily select the water temperature range and choose the highest efficiency setting for their hot water demand.
- 2.0 energy factor - over twice the efficiency of standard electric water heaters
- Fast recovery
- Easy installation
- LED touch pad for easy operation
- Tank and parts warranty